Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Our Day

So, today has been very unplanned. But it's been a really good day!
I slept in this morning, which was so nice. And then Joel didn't leave for work till almost 10, which was even nicer! :)
Then I got a call from Mama asking if we wanted to meet her and the girls at Wal-Mart to shop for Thanksgiving  and Christmas things. That sounded fun, so it was a plan! (ok, so i planned a little)
I did some housework and then came into town and met Joel at Dave's house where he had been working. I made us some lunch (warmed up leftover BBQ chicken and biscuits!) and then we headed to Mike's Car Care to drop off my little car to have a doctor visit.
Then it was off to Wal-Mart! We met up with the ladies and then split to separate sections of the store to do our holiday shopping. Megan and Steph helped Joel and me pick out Christmas tree decorations and some other decorating things we needed. Actually, Joel said we did. If the man says it, then you'd better go ahead and buy it, right?!
We all met up again to have a snack break in the little McDonald's there in the store. Joel had apple pie and we girls had French fries! Much talking and laughing occurred during this part of the trip. :)
And now I am sitting on the *very comfortable* couch at Dave's house, writing this post for you all to hear about our day! Joel is downstairs working to Christmas music. He found some station on the Internet that's already playing it; he is happy.
We don't have any big plans for the rest of the day.... considering that we are both still recovering from mono, I'd say that's a fairly good thing! We need to rest up for the big holiday weekend ahead!
I hope this isn't too boring. Next time I'll stick a random picture in there to keep things lively.
Love you all,
ashley e.

No comments:

Post a Comment