Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Australian Cattle Dog

The Australian Cattle Dog, also known as a Blue Heeler.I've been researching them lately out of longtime curiosity, and it turns out they are an even better farm/family dog choice than I expected! (I may eventually do a "Popular Farm Dogs" blog review sometime... I love learning about different dog breeds!) They are also commonly seen in a greyish blue and black color pattern, but Joel and I prefer the reddish look. I had to share a few pictures I found on Google last night - I love these dogs!

When I saw this picture (I couldn't resist a little editing!), I decided that we need one of these dogs someday. Not till we move to the farm, of course. Four is enough to handle in a duplex in town! Plus, these guys need room to run.
Joel says they are a very "handsome" dog. I have to say I agree!

2 comments: