Friday, November 4, 2011

Update from the Midwife!

Hey there,
I realize that my last post was also about pregnancy progress, but that's sort of a BIG part of my life right now! And don't worry, it will be over with in about 5 weeks. Then you'll get to hear about Evan all the time! ;-) 
I had a prenatal visit with my midwife yesterday, and here's what I have to report:

- Evan is probably going to be tall (taking after my dad & the Eldredge guys)!
- The baby has officially "dropped", which is a good thing and means he's getting settled into position for delivery!
- His heartbeat is very strong and he seems to be a real healthy lil' fella!
- I have a slightly anemic iron level... probably why I've been so tired recently. We're starting me on a new supplement to help fix that.
- I have been having  quite a few contractions every day (some pretty hard). The midwife asked if I would be okay with Evan coming early! (Yes, I totally would, as long as he waits a few more weeks!)
- We got our packing list of things to take to the cabin when I go into labor. So exciting!!

I am about to start week 35. Please pray that we can bring my iron level up and that I don't get sick anymore between now and the birth! Also, I still have to manage my blood sugar level pretty closely by sticking to a rigid diet. Sometimes it gets very frustrating and I want to just give up... I would appreciate your prayers for me to keep going strong to the end! :-) 
Thanks! 
Blessings,
FarmGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment