Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Oatmeal Pancakes

I'm here to tell ya, friends. These oatmeal pancakes are the best I've ever had - and they're sugar-free!! 
Joel and I like to have breakfast for dinner, and this is a good way to make it a healthy meal. I got the recipe from my new favorite cookbook called "Wholesome Sugarfree Cooking". 
Oatmeal Pancakes
2 C buttermilk (regular milk works just fine too)
1 1/2 C quick oats
2 eggs, separated
1/3 C butter
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 C whole wheat flour
Pour buttermilk over oats and let stand for five minutes (This step is important!). Beat egg yolks. Add butter, honey, soaked oats, then dry ingredients. Fold in beaten egg whites. Drop by tablespoon onto a hot griddle to fry. 
Yummy!!! If you are trying to keep off of sugar like I am, try your pancakes with butter and either applesauce or dark Karo syrup!

No comments:

Post a Comment